Danso in the interview: "You have led me on the nose" - Friday

Kevin Danso has achieved his goal: On Friday, the defender in Lens signed a contract until 2026. The FCA collects for the self-green revenue of 5.5 million euros, another two million euros are possible through bonuses. With this agreement, a good three-week changing theater ends.

A first offer of RC Lens met on 12 July via a middleman at the FCA, after hearing about about three million euros. At first the Augsburger did not respond because she did not feel appropriate and advised the offer. Internely, Danso made it clear that they build on him and need it. But the player rated his situation completely different. On the 16th of July it came to escalation, Danso left the Augsburg training camp. Now the Austrian explains his view of things.

Mr Danso, we start the best from scratch: In order to accelerate a change, they informed the FC Augsburg three weeks ago not to train and play for the FCA. Why was this step needed out of your view?

It was pictured, but that's not how it was. I am no one who just says: I do not feel like it anymore. I had shared the FCA often enough that I want to leave the club because I do not see a perspective to play regularly. It then meant that I could not change within the Bundesliga, but only abroad. And that the club will then deal with a transfer should these prerequisites fit. Then came an offer, but Augsburg has not dealt with it. The FCA did not held his word. That was difficult for me as a player to understand and a heavy mental stress.

Two hours later I was sent home from the training camp. It was not that I wanted to go from me.

Kevin Danso

What did you do?

I went to the coach and said I'm not ready to play mentally. Everyone knows that a lot can happen in such a situation if you are not at 100 percent focused. It was about my health! I could have exercise, but did not play at the time. The coach then gave me three options: either you train and play or you pack your stuff. Or you will find an association that buys you for twelve million euros. Since I said that the unrealistic and under no circumstances is in the market for someone like me, who last played in the 2nd league.

What happened next?

I went to the place and trained, but that did not affect the coach. Two hours later, I was sent home from the training camp. It was not that I wanted to go from me.

Then they were on sick leave. Why?

Because of the mental load. That's not a palaver, but I was not feeling well. I was desperate and did not felt myself seriously. This can be dangerous in terms of possible injuries. About my condition there was a medical certificate.

Coach Markus Weinzierl and Manager Stefan Reuter had previously praised them. Augsburg had on her position large personnel problems. Does not it have to be the claim of a professional, with all the power to fight a place?

I have given gas in the training, but no longer felt comfortable. I was told that I can prevail this season. But I got that the same people said that they only see me as a back-up anyway. But I do not want to be back-up anymore. I am at an age I have to prevail to achieve my goals.

But competition is quite normal in professional football. With the beginning of 20 the fewest players are set.

I love competition, so I have become a professional. But I want a fair competition where I have the chance to become the number 1 or 2 in the domestic defense. I am ambitious and wants to make the next step. If I feel that the possibility is greater elsewhere, then I would like to take this opportunity.

It was a decision for my career, I want to get the best possible.

Kevin Danso

But they had signed a contract in Augsburg by 2024. You can not decide alone when you want to go.

The club knew for over two years, that I have walk away. And every year they did so as if it were a surprise that I want to go.

Did you feel that your change is not taken seriously as long as you make good work?

That's exactly how it was. I asked: Do I have to exercise or react weakly, like other players in the past, before you understand that I want to restart?

Are you afraid of sustainably damaging your reputation through your behavior?

I'm not afraid. It was a decision for my career, I want to get the best possible. I am also grateful to FC Augsburg on the other side. Unfortunately we could not go apart in the good, but had to separate us on this way. That's too bad.

The Local Player Table of the Bundesliga - from 8 to 8952 operating minutes

She moved from England to Augsburg at 15 years. At the beginning of 2019, they signed a five-year contract. How did it happen that the relationship of trust between them and the club was so in the breaks?

The FCA made me a professional, but I am very grateful. But it was not just one thing, but many things that led to the trust book. Other players were brought for my position again and again. I was partially seated after a weaker game on the bench, although I was the only middle of the center defender. When I asked the coach, why I sit outside, I was aware of me, I was aggressive. There was also allegations that I was undisciplined, but that is completely out of the air. The club knows me since I am 15. When they depicted me now, I knew: they led me around the nose.

After tough rings they were allowed to change now. She had last three weeks a team training, on Sunday the season starts with Lens. Do you feel fit? What are your goals?

I have trained alone in the past few weeks, as far as it went alone and feel ready. I want to prevail and make as many games as possible, which was unfortunately not possible in Augsburg.

Kommentare